Change font size
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 4:41 am
Adkisson's Captive Insurance Companies
Untitled 1

Adkisson's Captive Insurance Companies  Real Experience Means Over 100 Captives Formed Since 1998      
Riser Adkisson LLP
The Captive Insurance Law Firm
Newport Beach, CA - Athens, GA
info @ risad.com or 949-200-7753
Formation & Licensing -- Second Opinions -- Ongoing Review -- Litigation of Captive Issues

Captive Insurance News and Events

26 U.S.C. section 501(c)(15)

News and upcoming events involving captive insurance companies and alternative risk management, including association meetings, educational forums, etc. Please send us your news, press release, or meeting information to add to our list! Send to jay <at> captivebook.com

Postby Riser Adkisson LLP » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:22 am

(A) Insurance companies (as defined in section 816 (a)) other than life (including interinsurers and reciprocal underwriters) if --

(i)

(I) the gross receipts for the taxable year do not exceed $600,000, and

(II) more than 50 percent of such gross receipts consist of premiums, or

(ii) in the case of a mutual insurance company--

(I) the gross receipts of which for the taxable year do not exceed $150,000, and

(II) more than 35 percent of such gross receipts consist of premiums.

Clause (ii) shall not apply to a company if any employee of the company, or a member of the employee's family (as defined in section 2032A (e)(2)), is an employee of another company exempt from taxation by reason of this paragraph (or would be so exempt but for this sentence).

(B) For purposes of subparagraph (A), in determining whether any company or association is described in subparagraph (A), such company or association shall be treated as receiving during the taxable year amounts described in subparagraph (A) which are received during such year by all other companies or associations which are members of the same controlled group as the insurance company or association for which the determination is being made.

(C) For purposes of subparagraph (B), the term "controlled group" has the meaning given such term by section 831 (b)(2)(B)(ii), except that in applying section 831 (b)(2)(B)(ii) for purposes of this subparagraph, subparagraphs (B) and (C) of section 1563 (b)(2) shall be disregarded.
My book: Adkisson's Captive Insurance Companies: An Introduction to Captives, Closely-Held Insurance Companies and Risk Retention Groups
My website: http://www.captiveinsurancecompanies.com
My e-mail: jay >>>at<<< risad.com
My phone: 900-200-7284
Riser Adkisson LLP
The Captive Insurance Lawfirm - http://www.risad.com
The Captive Insurance Lawfirm - http://www.risad.com

Location: Admitted in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma and Texas

Return to Captive Insurance News and Events

User Control Panel

Login

Active Captive Management

Adkisson's Captive Insurance Companies